11:00 - 11:45
How Much Does Venture Capital Drive the Global Economy?
John Henry Brookes Lecture Theatre
The panel will look at the industry from the geographical aspect discussing:
- How has VC investing developed since the financial crisis?
- How has the investor base for VC funds changed?
- What level of returns has VCs as an asset class returned?
- Which sectors/technologies have been most favoured by funds
- What geographic trends has VC investing witnessed?
Speakers: George Whitehead – Octopus Ventures and Meriwether Beckwith – Oxford Capital Partners
Chaired by Jens Tholstrup – OION