- Train employees in cyber security principles.
- Install, use and regularly update antivirus and antispyware software on every computer used.
- Use a firewall for your internet connection.
- Download and install software updates for your operating systems and applications as they become available.
- Make back-up copies of important business data and information.
- Control physical access to your computers and network components.
- If you have a Wi-Fi network for your workplace, make sure it is secure and hidden.
- Require password-protected individual user accounts for each employee.
- Limit employee access to data and information, and limit authority to install software.
- Regularly change passwords.
The future of Venturefest
After 23 years of successful operation, Venturefest Oxford is entering a new era. READ MORE
Research, industry, and AGI
A transfer of knowledge to industry is a good thing: One purpose of a university is to benefit society by disseminating knowledge, and one way this can be done is by commercialising research. Universities and research institutions are a dynamo for entrepreneurship, and for innovation in large companies. READ MORE
For success in product development – start at square zero
When it comes to the commercial success of a technology-led product, there are a number of factors that come into play along the development journey. Have the regulatory requirements been met? Can the design be produced at a viable cost? Is it possible to ensure the quality of the manufacturing process? The list goes on. READ MORE