The University of Oxford is world-famous for research excellence and home to some of the most talented people from across the globe. Our work helps the lives of millions, solving real-world problems through a huge network of partnerships and collaborations, and cutting-edge innovation.
Through Oxford University Innovation, Oxford is the highest university patent filer in the UK and is ranked first in the UK for university spinouts, having created more than 200 new companies since 1988. Over a third of these companies have been created in the past three years, with a record breaking 31 created in 2020/21.
Research and knowledge exchange activity includes:
- Researching real world problems and providing high calibre research impact for the benefit of society
- Providing world-class consultancy, specialist facilities and equipment
- Spinning out new technology companies
- Licensing patented cutting-edge technology and software
- Providing support for new and small companies – through science parks that combine university research with startup accommodation for established companies, and are home to a number of incubators for emerging companies, and provides technology consultancy services
- Supplying high quality graduates and post-graduates to organisations locally, nationally and internationally
- Providing flexible, part-time short and accredited programmes specially designed to fit around professionals’ working lives
- Providing support and mentoring for entrepreneurs
The University plays an active role with regional partners to attract investors to participate with us in building innovation in the local, regional and national economies and support entrepreneurs #StartedinOxford
University Offices, Wellington Square, Oxford, OX1 2JD
Make connections that lead to new investments, new businesses and new ideas in the high-tech sector in Oxfordshire.