The International Communications Adviser Network Global Limited (I-CAN Global) is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee that offers analysis and guidance to help exporters grow international sales. The UK-wide network of advisers is formed from the expert team that developed and delivered the government’s successful Export Communications Review (ECR) programme that ran from 1996 to 2016 and related workshops in international web optimisation.
I-CAN Global delivers a proven and quality-controlled methodology for analysing exporters’ international communications; the ICR (International Communications Review) offers a wide range of advice and practical recommendations to improve export performance and help to:
– Create an international communications strategy and implementation plan
– Re-develop the website for international clients
– Prepare and plan communications for a trade show, mission or other overseas trip
– Support sales, customer negotiations, distributor selection and market research
– Launch a new product range or service and ensure effective communications
– Explore a new route to market with a world-class communications approach
– Update or translate marketing materials for an international audience
Typical areas of focus for an ICR might be:
– International web strategy including social networking, online marketing and e-Commerce
– Marketing, operational, packaging and/or distributor training materials
– Handling of international sales and technical enquiries
– Overseas meetings and presentations
– Preparation for international visits such as trade missions and exhibitions
– Communications with agents/distributors/partners overseas.