Venturefest 2017 menu
Pitching for Success
Thank you to all the companies that have applied to be part of Pitching for Success at Venturefest Oxford 2017. The successful shortlisted companies will be presenting in the Thames Hall on 21st June.
What is Pitching for Success?
The Funding Stream will provide a lively and informative arena with something for everyone who is interested in entrepreneurial innovation and funding a business at all the stages of its life. Pitching for Success will be to an audience that includes investors, support organisations and individuals who may have the skills you are looking for.
The Funding Stream runs between 09:45 and 17:00. There will be an opportunity to pitch either in the morning or afternoon ‘Pitching for Success’ session. After all the presentations are completed, the excitement continues as the audience votes to select a winning company!
Each session will include a panel made up of professional Funding organisations; including speakers from Crowd investment (Peer2Peer, Equity, Loans), Venture Capital and Public Sector funding. Each investor panel speaker will give an overview of what they look for when investing or funding a company followed by Q&A with the audience.
Pitching companies will also have the opportunity to win part of a prize package. The audience will be provided with a voting system and will decide the best session winners. The two session winners will be announced at 16:15 and will be able to pitch again to the audience, who will decide the overall winner on the day. The winner will receive a £1,000 cash prize!
The prize package includes*:
- James Cowper Kreston will provide a half day ‘strategy workshop’ for the winning company and it’s Director(s)
- Dehns will provide a tailored IP review, assessing existing and potential IP
- Richardsons Chartered Accountants will provide payroll service to March 2018 for up to five employees
- FAB Accelerator is offering a free place for one founder on FAB4, which starts on 18th September 2017
- Focus will provide a Risk Management & Business Insurance Consultation from their Commercial Insurance Team and Keyperson/Shareholder Protection Consultation from their Financial Advice Team
- Oxford Innovation Centres are offering the use of a professional virtual office service (telephone answering and postal mailing address) for 12 months at one of its 24 Innovation Centres
- The best potential angel investment will have the opportunity to pitch at an OION Showcase event in 2017
- Penningtons Manches will provide an assessment and strategic overview of the legal and commercial requirements of the company for the next 12 months with a 50% discount in legal fees for any work undertaken during that time (with the exception of real estate and litigation).
As well as the live pitches and funder’s panel, the two sessions will conclude with networking in a designated area. Companies from the two session will be available in this area and be available to network and have 1-2-1’s with Venturefest participants.
*individual prizes may change up to the event date, Wednesday 21st June.
Who will be Pitching?